Insane.

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Insane.

Unread post by jammy395 »

southall-1998 wrote:I don't find the look of Exposure gear to be Naff! Maybe I have odd taste :shock:

S.
Southall not sure about the look Its the sound thats naff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,IMHO :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

applemarc wrote:No that was the profit she made over what she paid for the Naim gear 3 years ago
I think it all sold for the following all on ebay

Naim 72 £321
Naim 90 £295
Naim CD3 £399
Image Image

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

jammy395 wrote:
southall-1998 wrote:I don't find the look of Exposure gear to be Naff! Maybe I have odd taste :shock:

S.
Southall not sure about the look Its the sound thats naff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,IMHO :lol:
Naff sound..... :snooty: :think: Oh well, we have our moods and taste.

S.
Shane Lonergan.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

So over a grand for 3 bits of Second hand Naim.....
Is it black finish or the lovely olive green............Cause belive it or not that can make a difference.................I like the olive green. :gay-umbrella: :greetings-clappingyellow:

applemarc

Unread post by applemarc »

It's the olive green
Beresford Caiman Ipod

Ninanina

Unread post by Ninanina »

I have tried more than once to 'get on' with the Naim sound, mainly because of hype probably ie. they can't all be wrong can they? but i just don't 'get' it :whistle:

I've had some on an extended loan but nope it just does nothing for me, amps or the cd players. I did have a CDX2 once and sold it shortly after buying it....ouch expensive mistake :oops:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Ninanina wrote:I have tried more than once to 'get on' with the Naim sound, mainly because of hype probably ie. they can't all be wrong can they? but i just don't 'get' it :whistle:

I've had some on an extended loan but nope it just does nothing for me, amps or the cd players. I did have a CDX2 once and sold it shortly after buying it....ouch expensive mistake :oops:
Have fun, go and tell them that on PFM and you will stir up a wasp nest of idiots.

Cooler King

Unread post by Cooler King »

I really like the older Naim look. Come to that I really like the sound too. I had a 72/140 for a while and thought it was great. The thing with hi-fi is that It personal, if you like it, then that's fine. Don't think about what anybody else says. I don't own Naim now, but if I did so what. I think this forum is much better than a place to slag things off.
Why not concentrate on getting the best from our systems and stop being like school children.... It's damn boring IMO.

Gromit

Unread post by Gromit »

Hmmm - this is interesting, the bidding price has gone down since earlier.

CK - I'm not saying folk should or shouldn't like something, but it does become tiresome when certain products are put on such a high pedestal which IMHO (and experience - I've owned both a CB and Olive Nait 2) is undeserved, but that's me expressing a subjective opinion.

I totally agree with you saying that folk should be allowed to like what they like, but on the flip side they should be allowed to express a negative opinion too. No harm done. :)
Sources: Macbook/Sony CDP-X303ES/TEAC UD-H01 dac & Sony PS-6570/Benz Micro ACE SL
Making it louder: Sonneteer Sedley/Sonneteer Campion
Speakers: Royd Sapphire
Hooking it all up: NVA Soundcord & NVA LS6

Cooler King

Unread post by Cooler King »

Gromit wrote:I totally agree with you saying that folk should be allowed to like what they like, but on the flip side they should be allowed to express a negative opinion too. No harm done. :)
That's a fair point, but I have to say that you are one of the more fair and open minded posters! I agree though, no harm done either way...... It is ONLY hi-fi after all. :D