Insane.

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Gromit
Has thanked: 0

Insane.

Unread post by Gromit »

I really cannot believe what these are going for.

I once owned a CB Nait 2 (had it from new in 1989) which is thought to be the best of the Nait 2 family, but the Exposure X which replaced it was so much better it was a major eye-opener.
Sources: Macbook/Sony CDP-X303ES/TEAC UD-H01 dac & Sony PS-6570/Benz Micro ACE SL
Making it louder: Sonneteer Sedley/Sonneteer Campion
Speakers: Royd Sapphire
Hooking it all up: NVA Soundcord & NVA LS6

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Re: Insane.

Unread post by jammy395 »

Very spooky indeed....................The bullshit markting ploy......Just shows you how good it was................ :clap:.... Naim shifts thousands of units a year. :evil:

Doc ever considered ....a good marketing campaign................ :hand: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jammy395

Oh and i had better take this opportunity to say.... I too have had a bit of Exposure kit in in my time......And although better than Naim IMHO.
Thought Exposure to a bit naff........... :hand: (sorry E lover's)
Prefered my M.F. gear at the time ............ :whistle:
Each to their own - if it sounds good it is good..............

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The Linn / Naim brainwash is still very deep. The best thing to do is openly laugh at these people as they merrily waste their money - but it is theirs to waste.

applemarc

Unread post by applemarc »

Yep say what you like about the sound of Naim gear it holds it's value well. When I upgraded a friends Naim 72/90 and CD3 that she had bought secondhand she actually made a profit of £75, which enabled her to by a nearly new NVA AP50, a new Phone 2 and a used Roksan Caspian CD player and NVA cable.
Beresford Caiman Ipod

jammy395

Doc so true....I have a mate offshore who aspire's to have a top of the range Naim system (whatever that may be).... :doh:
Despite my best efforts to open his eye's / broaden his horizons.....This poor misguided fool insists without ever hearing Naim ...that it is the dogs bollocks...
Best kit in the world.......Now this has obviously came from him reading too many hifi mags / marketing bull......So it mut be a very powerfull tool indeed.
WORKS BEST ON FOOL'S .............. :?
I reckon it will take a long long time before people open their eyes to the posibilits out there......Best open their ear's first.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

I don't find the look of Exposure gear to be Naff! Maybe I have odd taste :shock:

S.
Shane Lonergan.

jammy395

applemarc wrote:Yep say what you like about the sound of Naim gear it hold it's value well. When I upgraded a friends Naim 72/90 and CD3 that she had bought secondhand she actually made a profit of £75, which enabled her to by a nearly new NVA AP50, a new Phone 2 and a used Roksan Caspian CD player and NVA cable.
EH................75 QUID.....NVA AP50 - NVA PHONO 2 - ROKSAN CASPIAN - NVA CABLES........This would have been 1923 i take it.................. :lol:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Any oppertunity to be a pedant ! :D

Jammy that would be £75 above original purchase price .

applemarc

Unread post by applemarc »

No that was the profit she made over what she paid for the Naim gear 3 years ago
I think it all sold for the following all on ebay

Naim 72 £321
Naim 90 £295
Naim CD3 £399
Beresford Caiman Ipod