JPW ML-110

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: JPW ML-110

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

There are no hounds, they are all good because they are all basically the same. More importantly they were designed by one individual who knows what he is doing. As opposed to white coated idiots with letters after their name who know sweet f all about the reproduction of music, such as the likes of Spendor Kef B&W Harbeth, etc, employ. Then you get dogs as they think just because their anechoic chambers say they sound the same means that they do, sadly deluded I am afraid.

Another example is Royds, there are no dogs because he knew what he was doing, instead of pretending he does just to get a job. When the owners are accountants and marketing men then they have no chance, when the owner is the designer they have a very good chance.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Doc...As Beauty is in the eye of the beholder........So Sound is in the ear of the listener .......i had JPW 310i's years ago and if im not mistaken thought they were
quite dull, infact got shot of them for a pair of mission bookshelf's which i prefered.................Suck em and see............. :hand:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Then we will have to disagree. Though I don't know the 310 but the latest small ones are based on the old small ones, so if the 310 is based on the P1 or P2 they should be good. If they are a subsequent design since the days of Peter Wanstall and Peter Comeau then they may well be crap.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

I have JPW P1 which are the smaller brother to the AP1 & AP2. Good sounding black boxes, they slightly remind me of the Snell J speakers.

Honeydew, how many JPWs have you had over the years :mrgreen:

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Three I think, but heard most of them.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Another good JPW- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JPW-Mini-Moni ... 385&_uhb=1

I wonder if these JPW Mini Monitor speakers are going up in price :think:
Shane Lonergan.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

They will go up in price.............They just dont make em like they used too.....

But there is other speakers out there as good if not better...

Please try before you buy.......BUT at this price you cant lose....... :whistle: