HFS at the WAM show

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: HFS at the WAM show

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Lurcher300b wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:31 am These ones.

https://www.verum-audio.com/products
A fine choice!

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

My friend and I had a most enjoyable day at the show, was a long day though with a 450 mile round trip.
Some interesting gear but mostly operating at less than optimum I'd guess. The big rooms at the bottom were particularly bad. I liked JohnG's room with the ESL 57s but he was pushing them a little hard for my liking. Really nice to meet Tom and popped in to NVA central to check out the BB Cubes! Doc those new cabinets are stunning, absolutely seamless, very nice. I guess they must be fully internally mitred and glued but the quality of machining and fit is 100%. Are all the Cubes like that now?
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

They will be eventually, what did you think of the music from them.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I have requested two room for next year but i would prefer if other members did it, or we do a (or both) co-op rooms. It is good craic, far more fun then trade shows and the Sat evening is like a Dublin Pub, people falling into the room pissed dancing and singing to the music and then somehow falling out of them again.

maverick
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by maverick »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:41 am I have requested two room for next year but i would prefer if other members did it, or we do a (or both) co-op rooms. It is good craic, far more fun then trade shows and the Sat evening is like a Dublin Pub, people falling into the room pissed dancing and singing to the music and then somehow falling out of them again.
Dublin pub :grin: love it!
Peter is trying to be inclusive, so just a thanks from one wam member for stepping up to the mark and getting involved
I really hope everyone enjoyed it, we had a blast and for the first time ever I was able to stay for the curry and Sunday night drinkies - loading up this morning was hard but not rushed and the journey home smooth. Mine is short but some people come vast distances so hope everyone has a safe journey home.

Hope you join in next year.

kind regards, Paul

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Thanks but I tell you what is really pissing me off, I attend the show as an exhibitor, yet I cannot even talk about it to thank anyone or even officially read the Wigwam forum about the show as my IP is banned and I can only view it through a proxy server which is a silly hassle. Daft has gone beyond daft.

FFS sort out my membership. Or at least stop my IP being banned.

maverick

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:04 pm Thanks but I tell you what is really pissing me off, I attend the show as an exhibitor, yet I cannot even talk about it to thank anyone or even officially read the Wigwam forum about the show as my IP is banned and I can only view it through a proxy server which is a silly hassle. Daft has gone beyond daft.

FFS sort out my membership.
sorry I cannot help there, not a mod

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Sorry for some reason I thought you were - as you were then.

maverick

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:08 pm Sorry for some reason I thought you were - as you were then.
no just joe public punter wanting to say thank you over here, that's all

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well stay over here and join in if you want. So tell us about your room - have you a picture. We wanted back yesterday evening so missed the Curry.

Hotel is a tip, which made it perfect for the job :lol: The £9.99 meals were a complete rip-off, but breakfast OK. I will be very surprised if Peter hasn't sold out the whole thing for next year within a couple of weeks.

There is definite potential in putting a Trade Show with it if there is a walk to hotel near by, as you certainly can't combine them, but probably too much effort, but I always thought this was Peters idea in the first place.