Yorkshire HIFI club Phono Stage write up / results

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Yorkshire HIFI club Phono Stage write up / results

Unread post by savvypaul »

David Brook wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:24 pm I used the NVA phono a few times at home, it worked perfectly well in my system.

It has not been tampered with in any way, I had it in the shop for the last meeting.

I was upstairs with a customer when it was put on so never heard it.

It still remains a superb VFM item which is why I bought it.

I never specified when I placed the order MM or MC or if I did forgot what I asked for (being honest).

I have no idea of other people's agendas with each other I don't pay much attention to that sort of thing.

Mark asked if he could borrow it to listen to I did not see any harm in it, what has occurred since is nothing to do with me.

I STAND BY MY ORIGINAL STATEMENT ITS A SUPERB PHONO STAGE ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SPEND UP TO £1000+ SHOULD CONSIDER IT
Keep the bake-offs going, David. They are a good thing...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

So when does it go back to him and then back to me ????????????????????????????????

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

David Brook wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:24 pm I used the NVA phono a few times at home, it worked perfectly well in my system.

It has not been tampered with in any way, I had it in the shop for the last meeting.

I never specified when I placed the order MM or MC or if I did forgot what I asked for (being honest).

I have no idea of other people's agendas with each other I don't pay much attention to that sort of thing.

Mark asked if he could borrow it to listen to I did not see any harm in it, what has occurred since is nothing to do with me.

I STAND BY MY ORIGINAL STATEMENT ITS A SUPERB PHONO STAGE ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SPEND UP TO £1000+ SHOULD CONSIDER IT
What a load of efffing :Bllocks:

" It worked OK at home and I never specified what cart set up I required." What sort of an enthusiast forgets that important requirement?

He then ensures (but denies it) that it's put against the rest and... Oh! We have very low gain - well there a fucking surprise!!

A reasonable and honest reviewer would have sent it back got the Doc or at least give him the opportunity to respond.

It just smacks of collusion between those with a big chip on't their shoulder in order to discredit the Doc and NVA.

I also like the bollocks assertion in parenthesis that he's being honest!

Aye of course he is. Just like his claim that SR blue fuses are legal for use in the UK, but somehow the documentation is not for publication :hbs:

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I JUST WANT IT BACK - SO WHO IS GOING TO SEND IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lurcher300b

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

I have suggested David gets it back to you. But it does belong to David, so what he does with it is up to him at the end of the day.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Alfi wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:09 pm

What a load of efffing :Bllocks:

" It worked OK at home and I never specified what cart set up I required." What sort of an enthusiast forgets that important requirement?

He then ensures (but denies it) that it's put against the rest and... Oh! We have very low gain - well there a fucking surprise!!

A reasonable and honest reviewer would have sent it back got the Doc or at least give him the opportunity to respond.

It just smacks of collusion between those with a big chip on't their shoulder in order to discredit the Doc and NVA.

I also like the bollocks assertion in parenthesis that he's being honest!

Aye of course he is. Just like his claim that SR blue fuses are legal for use in the UK, but somehow the documentation is not for publication :hbs:

Alfi.
Whatever the ins and outs there was never going to be a level playing field and the two Phono stages from members of the audiofart private members club were bound to come out on top.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Lurcher300b wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:17 pm I have suggested David gets it back to you. But it does belong to David, so what he does with it is up to him at the end of the day.
But he has claimed it is faulty, I really want to look at it myself, and report publicly on it to counter the crap we have had.

David Brook
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by David Brook »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:40 pm
Lurcher300b wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:17 pm I have suggested David gets it back to you. But it does belong to David, so what he does with it is up to him at the end of the day.
But he has claimed it is faulty, I really want to look at it myself, and report publicly on it to counter the crap we have had.
Who has claimed its faulty? Where did I claim that?

You are your own worst enemy. FFS why do I even bother doing these events.

The paradise was OK, Jez's was OK, neither were a patch on yours, neither will ever be sold commercially so who gives a flying F..K if they were better than yours?

Suggestion....SHUT THIS FORUM IT DOES YOU MORE HARM THAN GOOD
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: MCRU

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

You shut your shop as it is harming our hobby, its only purpose is to supply you with slurp from overpriced shite !!

You told Nick it was motor boating, though I am sure you don't know what that is, or have you made Nick lie for you.

It is very simple seeing as you have created this situation by putting the unit in the mix having told Nick it needed looking at and then giving it to Wanker, why could you possibly want to do that - and that is the reason the conflict has occurred, just left as not working properly at the bake-off and sent back none of the SHITE would have happened, but you passed it to Wanker - WHY! - what logical reason could you have to do that, and now you see the results. He took it because he is a NVA and me hater, which is why I call him Wanker, he has posted many lies and libel on line about me and NVA products. So you didn't know, so you were used, well now correct it and do something about it PLEASE

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

It was more of a Paradise/Arkless sales pitch than a bake off. This thread is exposing it.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc