Yorkshire HIFI club Phono Stage write up / results

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Yorkshire HIFI club Phono Stage write up / results

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

It is to expected he will try and milk this for all it is worth. The picture is of the first board that was separated from the pre-amp (first ones early 80s were only built in the pre-amp) it dates from the late 1980's and is markedly different to what we build now. This is a repeat of the same games Marco used to play with old NVA pictures.

If Dave (MCRU) is saying he ordered a MC then one of two things happened 1/ I goofed and sent the wrong one, in which case you would have thought he would have noticed after 6 months owning it. 2/ he goofed and ordered a MM one, or for a cart spec which we would have adhered to.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Dave (MCRU) has now joined in the games. I asked it to be given to Nick or sent back here (what a normal human would do) supplying it to YNWanker means it will be pulled apart and insulted and lies made up and any way to diss me and NVA will be invented (the same thing happened with SC cable). Absolutely nothing the man says should be believed.

As the manufacture I demand the unit is sent back to me for the work needed. It states quite clearly on the back that there are no user serviceable parts inside, so if the case is entered into by YNWanker there will be consequences. There are also consequences over Dave's DELIBERATELY trying to create problems and conflict by passing it to Wanker, the last person on the planet to look at it impartially or honestly.

I would ask Dave to get it back immediately and send it to me, anything else is a deliberate creation of conflict beyond the level it is at now.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

In order to counter this Marco style shit I am going to be faced with the only way is for users to honestly support the product on other forums.

I am also thinking of doing a sales day like with the cable for Phono Stages to get people to see for themselves, with of course the return if unhappy clause.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

I was a little surprised that Jez had so readily agreed to send his new stage to the MCRU day - he had previously always refused to send his kit to bake-offs.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Perhaps he knew his old stuff was shit and now he has made something a lot better.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Yeah, seems to have been well liked at MCRU...I hope to get a listen one day.
I am in the hi-fi trade

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

He is local to you, borrow it and compare with the NVA and give us a review. Eeeeediots who don't know you will question your honesty, but the people who matter will know.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Best thing (for countering any cynicism and to have the chance for a good natter) is for Si (KISS / SQ) to drop by with it and have a listen with me...
I am in the hi-fi trade

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well good luck with that - you see that is constructive and sensible, what this is all about is the opposite.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:01 am It is the usual twisted pack of lies that comes off YNWankers keyboard, same as he has done about everything NVA.

If you read other forums about the event and not that biased load of shit you would have your answer. http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... &start=285
I don't get all this bollocks with not enough gain. The Phono 2 has lots of gain unless the cartridge has a miniscule output and even then there should be enough into an active preamp rather than the passive used in an all NVA set up. The system used looks like an oddball match of components thrown together. Sounds like a pre/power amp mismatch or weird (low) impedance on one of the amps inputs/outputs. Valve products appeared to work well which might be a pointer to what was happening.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)