Yorkshire HIFI club Phono Stage write up / results

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: Yorkshire HIFI club Phono Stage write up / results

Unread post by Classicrock »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:03 am It is an MM unit that is the only logical explanation. It was December when I supplied this to him and I really do not remember which cart he ordered it for, but that is the only credible explanation. I supplied it at the Black Friday price even though he missed it by a couple of days as I was talking to him then as he wasn't seen as acting the arse over these SR fuses. BUT he may be a nice guy in person but now I just cannot cope with how his company behaves.

Anyway if it comes back (less PSUs) I will set it up for what ever cart he wants it set up for. Per usual YN(wanker) will play his silly put down word games he always reserves for NVA, remember the insults over the SC cable. You and I have managed to find common ground and get over the PFM history but obviously both he and Fatpoopy can't, so they (and that apology for a forum) get the piss taken out of them.

Dave (MCRU) obviously hasn't used it before this point otherwise he would have known. I cannot believe a hi-fi dealer doesn't know the difference between an MM and a MC cart, but it seems that is the case. So call him on the matter, it is nothing to do with NVA we build what is ordered.
Doc you really should keep a record of what you sell along with specification, customer details and serial number. I know you work different but get Nadia on to it - simple spreadsheet or database. Can't rely on some people's honesty. BTW I'm sure MCRU has reported on using it. They could have tried an SUT with it though I know that isn't NVA approved. Haven't looked at mine but is there normally a sticker stating MM/MC?
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

What is the output of doms moving coil. I suspect it is a very low output.

applemarc
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by applemarc »

I may have a spare Filemaker Pro licence It's a Mac/PC database if you keep it simple I can set it up for you
Beresford Caiman Ipod

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Classicrock wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:41 pm
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:03 am It is an MM unit that is the only logical explanation. It was December when I supplied this to him and I really do not remember which cart he ordered it for, but that is the only credible explanation. I supplied it at the Black Friday price even though he missed it by a couple of days as I was talking to him then as he wasn't seen as acting the arse over these SR fuses. BUT he may be a nice guy in person but now I just cannot cope with how his company behaves.

Anyway if it comes back (less PSUs) I will set it up for what ever cart he wants it set up for. Per usual YN(wanker) will play his silly put down word games he always reserves for NVA, remember the insults over the SC cable. You and I have managed to find common ground and get over the PFM history but obviously both he and Fatpoopy can't, so they (and that apology for a forum) get the piss taken out of them.

Dave (MCRU) obviously hasn't used it before this point otherwise he would have known. I cannot believe a hi-fi dealer doesn't know the difference between an MM and a MC cart, but it seems that is the case. So call him on the matter, it is nothing to do with NVA we build what is ordered.
Doc you really should keep a record of what you sell along with specification, customer details and serial number. I know you work different but get Nadia on to it - simple spreadsheet or database. Can't rely on some people's honesty. BTW I'm sure MCRU has reported on using it. They could have tried an SUT with it though I know that isn't NVA approved. Haven't looked at mine but is there normally a sticker stating MM/MC?
Why should I pander to the arses, it makes no bloody difference if I remember or not how a phono stage was set. I have already explained enough and that is enough.

My company is the way I want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arses who attack me will be shown to be arses.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

applemarc wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:28 pm I may have a spare Filemaker Pro licence It's a Mac/PC database if you keep it simple I can set it up for you
Thanks but not interested.

If and when in the future the company wants to go onto a proper company footing with VAT registration (and the turnover) and Ltd company, then it will be done, and you will see how much the prices go up to pay for all that SHITE!!!!!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I know this is not a usual event on forums but let us be sensible and logical for a change. If I goof with sending something, or it gets damaged in transit, or has a fault, then the customer contacts me by email, I say sorry, and I build and send a new one and the old one comes back. IT HAPPENS TO EVERY COMPANY, there is no drama, there is no need for comments or conflict UNLESS SOMEONE WANTS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are witnessing here a perfect example that could have been solved very easily by sending it back. BUT the goof on the order (by whoever) or the fault has been leapt on by those who have an agenda to insult me and damage NVA - in this case Dave (MCRU) and YN(wanker), with the added agenda of trying to get some discussion at the Audioflat Nonforum.

Hemmo1969
Ukraine

Unread post by Hemmo1969 »

Might be an idea moving forward that the NVA Phono is shipped with a nice Mm or MC badge on the front??

Karnevil9
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Karnevil9 »

Doc don't you fancy retiring, getting all this bollox off your shoulder once & for all.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

NO because they often come back to be changed. PLUS name me any normal customer who doesn't know which one he has FFS.

We are getting into the realms of stooopidity. I do it my way and it wont change as it has no consequences or problems unless people want to make them.

I have explained many many times in the archives why I do things the way I do yet I still get questioned. DIP switches are crap and interfere with the music, normal switches are better but still a problem over time due to contact problems. On anything else at higher line levels it is no where near as noticeable but on a voltage level even of MM let alone MC contact pollution and even that there is a non soldered contact is clearly audible, so I DON'T DO IT. NVA relies on a degree of intelligence from its customers, obviously in this case misplaced. Can you imagine buying a phono stage and not checking it out or using it for 6 months and then not even knowing what he ordered it for - this is not a normal NVA customer - this is an eeediot!

I thought at the time what is he ordering it for, he said to use at home as he can't sell it in the shop. So 6 month later I have to put up with this shit on the forums because I stupidly agreed to supply it. I will take it back WITH PLEASURE and refund him.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Karnevil9 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:18 pm Doc don't you fancy retiring, getting all this bollox off your shoulder once & for all.
No I never leave a fight. Again you don't know me. I will fight the fuckers with pleasure and I will win, as I do not lie, I do not try to bullshit. So all they can fight with is lies, and twisting and game playing.