Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: DAC Bake-Off - Durham - March 31st

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 am

An X-LP phono stage that was here for the last bake-off...
"Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch, It generates a warmth around the ground that augurs well for mankind."

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:54 am

Although I have a commitment on the evening I might be able to make it to this bake off. I'll only be able to confirm closer to the day.

I have a Beresford Caiman that I could bring.
NVA BMU - NVA Phono 1 - Systemdek IIX/Rega RB250/Denon DL160 & Philips CD 104 with NOS mod - TIS & SSP mkii - NVA AP70sa - Epos ES11.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:39 am

Quarknosis wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:54 am
Although I have a commitment on the evening I might be able to make it to this bake off. I'll only be able to confirm closer to the day.

I have a Beresford Caiman that I could bring.
Cool. Be great to see you again, bud.
"Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch, It generates a warmth around the ground that augurs well for mankind."

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:23 pm

I have just had some nice-surprise news. My eldest son, who has been travelling around the world, is going to spend a few days with me at Easter.

It does mean that I will have to put the bake-off back.

I will PM attendees...and post a new date, asap.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:53 pm

You could add a little time on the end and combine it with interconnect cables. Invite to Bigboy and watch him try to ignore you.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:56 pm

In fairness to Oliver, he has already contacted me to say that he would like to attend...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:57 pm

:shock:

I will believe it when I see it. Fireybum will talk him out of it.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:25 pm

He has come back here to reply to posts regarding his interconnects and he has contacted me by PM to express interest in my bake-offs. He's not doing the best job of backing out ;)

I aim to do 3 bake-offs a year, so there will be other opportunities if this one doesn't work for him.

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:47 pm

Paul, I'm sure it will be an enjoyable weekend with your son.

I've replied to your PM. It looks like the proposed dates rule me out again due to work if those are all that are available. I've given some that I could make just in case there's any flexibility.
NVA BMU - NVA Phono 1 - Systemdek IIX/Rega RB250/Denon DL160 & Philips CD 104 with NOS mod - TIS & SSP mkii - NVA AP70sa - Epos ES11.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:25 am