MC Phono Stage Bake-off

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
User avatar
savvypaul
Posts: 1736
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Durham
Great Britain

Re: MC Phono Stage Bake-off

Unread post by savvypaul » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:16 pm

Bigman80 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:21 pm
Hi everyone, just popping in.

I bought the Jolida JD9 due to the fantastic reviews I have found and the Mods that were done to it. It also fits in with me trying to be more "hands on" I am currently building a DC blocker as my first DIY project and this phono stage has about 100 pages of mods and tips over on AK. If it suits my future needs I'll keep it, if not it'll be sold.

The FB-OTP MK2 really is very good IMO and from my perception at the bakeoff there was very little difference in performance between that and the NVA1. As in line with every review from the bake off. The FB Tron wasn't in my budget, neither was the NVA2 with extra PSU which I would gladly have bought if it was. One of the main selling point of the Jolida was the fact it incorporates valves in the output stage and this is something I came to realise was important to me. I love valves and I now know that I want them in my system. That's what I took away from the bakeoff.

There isn't a fall out either. Sorry!
Hey, Bigman!

You must have golden ears. You prefer the Jolida, but haven't heard it yet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ask Doc if he will build you a Phono 2 with a couple of valve holders on top :roll:
"I got a cold call, on a hot summer’s day. I didn’t really, It’s just written that way"

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Bigman80
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:44 pm
Great Britain

Re: MC Phono Stage Bake-off

Unread post by Bigman80 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:18 pm

savvypaul wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:16 pm
Bigman80 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:21 pm
Hi everyone, just popping in.

I bought the Jolida JD9 due to the fantastic reviews I have found and the Mods that were done to it. It also fits in with me trying to be more "hands on" I am currently building a DC blocker as my first DIY project and this phono stage has about 100 pages of mods and tips over on AK. If it suits my future needs I'll keep it, if not it'll be sold.

The FB-OTP MK2 really is very good IMO and from my perception at the bakeoff there was very little difference in performance between that and the NVA1. As in line with every review from the bake off. The FB Tron wasn't in my budget, neither was the NVA2 with extra PSU which I would gladly have bought if it was. One of the main selling point of the Jolida was the fact it incorporates valves in the output stage and this is something I came to realise was important to me. I love valves and I now know that I want them in my system. That's what I took away from the bakeoff.

There isn't a fall out either. Sorry!
Hey, Bigman!

You must have golden ears. You prefer the Jolida, but haven't heard it yet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ask Doc if he will build you a Phono 2 with a couple of valve holders on top :roll:
I haven't said it's better? FFS.

I said I want to go down the valve route and as this has valves it's nearer to my goal.

User avatar
savvypaul
Posts: 1736
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Durham
Great Britain

Re: MC Phono Stage Bake-off

Unread post by savvypaul » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:22 pm

If it sounds naff will you be able to return it to the seller?
"I got a cold call, on a hot summer’s day. I didn’t really, It’s just written that way"

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Bigman80
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:44 pm
Great Britain

Re: MC Phono Stage Bake-off

Unread post by Bigman80 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:25 pm

Eric Shun wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:15 pm
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:49 pm
Then be consistent with your views, I can read you know, so can others and they are in the archive here and at AoS. I am not in the slightest bit interested in truces. More meaningless bollocks. I post in reply to your post, with your past posts being a reference against it - that will continue, I am only interested in THE TRUTH, and in the case of your posts it seems to be made of elastic.
To be fair Biggy, the Doc has a very valid point. When it comes to consistency, you are sadly lacking. You couldn't post your Huddersfield bake-off finding on AoS any quicker, then when they didn't match the general consensus from other attendees, your opinion changed quicker than Marco editing one of his own posts. :naughty:
BTW it seems you are even worse when you think it is private, I have had passed to me some serious bollocks and lies, both from repeated phone calls and emails. Where do you get off to warn people not to meet me as I am as bad in person as I am on line, what ever that means.
Oh dear Biggy, have you been a naughty boy? Now who'd have thought eh? Is this the same Biggy who didn't even introduce himself to the Doc in Huddersfield, but who is now able to pass comment on his real life persona? Its little wonder nobody outside of AoS take you seriously. This wouldn't be the phantom bake-off whisper by PM of old AoS town? :naughty: :naughty:
First up Eric,

It was ME who introduced myself to the Doc and I have about 5 witnesses!!!! so you might want to check that comment before spouting off,

Second of all, my opinion hasn't changed since the bakeoff. I posted my thoughts, people didn't agree, that's fine. I haven't said anything contrary to my writeup, only clarified what my thoughts were, which, as was pointed out, may not have been conveyed as well on paper as they were in my head.

Also, I haven't passed on comment as far as I am aware on the doc in person. As previously stated, I said he looked like quite an ill man, which I didn't know at the time of meeting him that he actually was/is.

You weren't there Eric, so be careful about making assumptions about who did what with who.

I introduced myself to the doc in front of 5 people, yet to you it's a fact that I didn't lol.

Bigman80
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:44 pm
Great Britain

Re: MC Phono Stage Bake-off

Unread post by Bigman80 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:26 pm

savvypaul wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:22 pm
If it sounds naff will you be able to return it to the seller?
No. But as with most things second hand, it's a gamble.

Bigman80
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:44 pm
Great Britain

Re: MC Phono Stage Bake-off

Unread post by Bigman80 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:37 pm

"He's a very ill looking man, (NAME). Doesn't move well at all mate. He is the same in person as he is online as far as I can tell, just less nasty"

By the same online as in person, I was indicating "opinionated" I also stated "less nasty" So make of that what you will. I'd like to see where I told people to avoid you?

That's my text to a member here. The rest is a carbon copy of my view on the Bakeoff phonostages. Happy to share but you can read it elsewhere. It's literally the same.

So, happy to provide a screen shot of the message too.

Bigman80
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:44 pm
Great Britain

Re: MC Phono Stage Bake-off

Unread post by Bigman80 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:44 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:49 pm
Then be consistent with your views, I can read you know, so can others and they are in the archive here and at AoS. I am not in the slightest bit interested in truces. More meaningless bollocks. I post in reply to your post, with your past posts being a reference against it - that will continue, I am only interested in THE TRUTH, and in the case of your posts it seems to be made of elastic. BTW it seems you are even worse when you think it is private, I have had passed to me some serious bollocks and lies, both from repeated phone calls and emails. Where do you get off to warn people not to meet me as I am as bad in person as I am on line, what ever that means.
I replied to this and it's been deleted AGAIN. The talk of other people modding threads left right and centre and mine gets deleted!!!!!

User avatar
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Posts: 27854
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 pm
Location: Muppet Labs
Great Britain

Re: MC Phono Stage Bake-off

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:46 pm

So you are saying more than one person is lying to me about what you said in private. Maybe they will confront you here about it. Yes you did introduce yourself and no I do not look frail and ill, far from it as my photo in the members photo thread shows. My eyes are very light sensitive and dry easily due to my pills, so I wear dark glasses in bright light and lights at MCRU were bright, and every couple of hours I put drops in them to replace the moisture that has gone missing. If I don't it feels like I have sand in my eyes. Absolutely nothing else could be seen as a health issue.

I have left the health statements up as I wanted to reply, but it will end there, it is ad hominem and in the process bloody rude, do it or similar again and it will be a strike and removed.

User avatar
Eric Shun
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:13 am
Location: Woollen Mills of your Mind
Great Britain

Re: MC Phono Stage Bake-off

Unread post by Eric Shun » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:48 pm

To be fair Biggy, there are so many threads on so many different fora about that bake-off, I could have sworn there was a post in which you made comment about not introducing yourself to the Doc. If that isn't the case, then I of course apologise. :grin:
AOS, the forum where member signatures are almost as big as their egos, or Marco’s waistline :clap:

User avatar
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Posts: 27854
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 pm
Location: Muppet Labs
Great Britain

Re: MC Phono Stage Bake-off

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:49 pm

Stop being an arse Bigman nothing has been removed, if it is there is an admin comment. You were saying the same things about AoS and posts disappearing when they weren't look to your computer skills not us.

Post Reply