NVA bake-off

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
darius-lpv
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:15 pm

Re: NVA bake-off

Unread post by darius-lpv » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:14 pm

I admit - I did not polish the amp or the speakers !

darius-lpv
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:15 pm

Re: NVA bake-off

Unread post by darius-lpv » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:39 pm

jammy395 wrote:Well if Darius sent these items to you in that state, Darius is a *******.
And does indeed deserve a "Kick in the Nuts" Neil.... :evil: :naughty:

Darius..... :epop:
I mean, sorry guys.. I can't get over this comment. most of the time this kind of comments comes from long time forum members ( not only here but other forums including).. what's the reason you called me like that? would you say the same to me face to face? maybe it was the courier fault? but you called me fukwit so easily.. just like that. no ad-hominem?
Richard, if you allow this kind of abuse here there's nothing left to say for me.

jammy395

Re: NVA bake-off

Unread post by jammy395 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:46 pm

ADMIN EDIT - enough Jammy, you have made your point.

Daniel Quinn
Posts: 7066
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:16 am
Nicaragua

Re: NVA bake-off

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:01 pm

As a matter of curiosity I googled fuckwit

a stupid or contemptible person (often used as a general term of abuse).-

ADMIN EDIT - again I say we should cool it and let the facts speak for themselves.
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Frasernash
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:22 pm

Re: NVA bake-off

Unread post by Frasernash » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:08 pm

Daniel Quinn wrote:As a matter of curiosity I googled fuckwit

a stupid or contemptible person (often used as a general term of abuse).-

It aint that abusive given the facts . I may even suggest it is potentially accurate
This should be removed as abusive to Darius and against this forums principals

Daniel Quinn
Posts: 7066
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:16 am
Nicaragua

Re: NVA bake-off

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:15 pm

Frasernash wrote:
Daniel Quinn wrote:As a matter of curiosity I googled fuckwit

a stupid or contemptible person (often used as a general term of abuse).-

It aint that abusive given the facts . I may even suggest it is potentially accurate
This should be removed as abusive to Darius and against this forums principals
:lol:

You will note I said "potentially" Potentially is of course having a possible future capacity .

1. child killer corners and two much bass is a stupid description .

2. A person packing loaned equipment in the manner that as been alleged is contemptible .

This forum values truth and accuracy , seems I was being both :happy-jumpgreen:
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

Daniel Quinn
Posts: 7066
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:16 am
Nicaragua

Re: NVA bake-off

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:39 pm

Daniel Quinn wrote:As a matter of curiosity I googled fuckwit

"a stupid or contemptible person (often used as a general term of abuse).- "

It aint that abusive given the facts . I may even suggest it is potentially accurate
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

User avatar
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Posts: 27822
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 pm
Location: Muppet Labs
Great Britain

Re: NVA bake-off

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:16 pm

darius-lpv wrote:
jammy395 wrote:Well if Darius sent these items to you in that state, Darius is a Fukwit.
And does indeed deserve a "Kick in the Nuts" Neil.... :evil: :naughty:

Darius..... :epop:
I mean, sorry guys.. I can't get over this comment. most of the time this kind of comments comes from long time forum members ( not only here but other forums including).. what's the reason you called me like that? would you say the same to me face to face? maybe it was the courier fault? but you called me fukwit so easily.. just like that. no ad-hominem?
Richard, if you allow this kind of abuse here there's nothing left to say for me.
I have been out all afternoon so haven't seen the comment, but the other admin or mod could have smacked hands. So from what I have seen this afternoon - Jammy don't call him a fuckwit even if you think it, and DQ you get close to the mark as well even if it has content.

This is turning into a battle, it shouldn't, just let the facts speak for themselves and people can make up their own minds.

User avatar
George Hincapie
Posts: 944
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:50 am
Location: Buckinghamshire
Great Britain

Re: NVA bake-off

Unread post by George Hincapie » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:17 pm

darius-lpv wrote:I am puzzled cause I've packed it exactly same way as I've recieved it... and how come screw in feets could be lost?
The feet aren't screwed on, they are glued on.
Main System: Allo DigiOne • Tomanek LPSU • Metrum Acoustics Onyx • NVA P90SA • NVA A80 MKII • NVA Cube 2 MKII • NVA TSCS • NVA TIS MKII • Custom Design SQ404

Headphone System: Auralic Aries Mini • LDA LPSU • Metrum Acoustics Musette • Metrum Acoustics Aurix • AudioQuest NightHawk Carbon • NVA SSP MKII

PC System: Cambridge Audio DACMagic Plus • LDA LPSU • Grado SR80e

Server: VortexBox Prestige 2 MX • Supra CAT8

User avatar
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Posts: 27822
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 pm
Location: Muppet Labs
Great Britain

Re: NVA bake-off

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:24 pm

George Hincapie wrote:
darius-lpv wrote:I am puzzled cause I've packed it exactly same way as I've recieved it... and how come screw in feets could be lost?
The feet aren't screwed on, they are glued on.
Nothing is screwed on in a nva product. External metal (conductive) screws that aren't recessed so can be touched means that you break the Class II regs.

It is likely the glue bond was broken by the amp bottom being wet, but in that case the feet would be in the box.

Post Reply