AVI vs...? bake off anyone?

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
jimbob
Great Britain

Re: AVI vs...? bake off anyone?

Unread post by jimbob »

This should make for interesting reading especially if others can get involved. I would love to do a north west bake off but finding a suitable venue isn't easy and my house is too small for more than a couple of people.
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well it has been agreed by PM. I am sending Cube2 and AP50. He lives in Stoke on Trent. Jimbob, want to join in. He want other ears.

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

I will be happy to attend depending on when it is. If I still have my P50 and A40s at the time I will be happy to bring them along.
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

You can take your stuff anytime you arrange with him. The nva loan scheme system will be there Friday for a week.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

BTW the week is not fixed if more time is needed.

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

Would be nice to attend while the loan gear is there but I will see what I can do. I'm sure something else can be arranged if not. I'm curious to have a listen to these avi speakers and see what the fuss is about.

darius-lpv
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by darius-lpv »

hi jimbob.. yeah, my house is not big either but I guess couple of people would be fine..'I'll have Avi and NVA systems. Andrew will join me with his Hegel H360 amp ( I hope) so if you can show up with 3rd full system this would make an interesting afternoon.

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

Well assuming I still have my system (it's up for sale due to other financial commitments) then I am happy to bring any part or all of it including my doc mod Allison's if you like?

darius-lpv
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by darius-lpv »

ok.. I can't do any meetings next week so I guess I need to ask if the NVA system can be send at a later date?
I'll keep you all updated; I think in 2 - 3 weeks from now. the last bake off we organized with Andrew ended up with 3 participants where 5 supposed to come;

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I am quoting official NVA loan scheme rules, but this one is taking on a life of its own. It can stay as long as people wish to listen or until I need it.

No presumptions, it might be switched on and darius thinks its crap and no where near as good as the AVi and send it back. That is what bake-off and loan schemes are for. If it is crap it is crap. Most stuff is neither the ultimate musical experience nor crap, and personal taste and synergy will always be a factor. BUT why should other manufacturers be soooo scared of the opinions of customers or potential customers, why do they always want to create the brainwashed, FFS what is wrong with our industry. I am smiling, AVi are shaking in their shoes, and already looking for ways to put the process down, which if it follows the normal path will be an attempt to discredit me in any way they can. I have had it for over 30 years.

I have watched with distaste the AVi forum trying to character assassinate Lyndsay, it is pathetic and disgraceful and people should tell them.