morning everyone..

bake off anyone?

I have AVI DM10 & BK Gemini II

I live in West Midlands

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: AVI vs...? bake off anyone?

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

AVi DM10 is £1500 and the sub woofer about £250. Do you want to compare at the same price or cheaper. As I can re-activate the NVA loan scheme as a one off and you can bake away to your hearts content.

You are obviously new to us and AVi is notorious for its shills, who seem to be mostly in the west midlands. You are not another re-incarnation of JC from brum are you :lol:

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

daruius-lpv was at Fridays bake-off with me and andrewjvt.

I'd thoroughly recommend anyone on this forum who is near the west midlands taking up darius-lpv's offer of a bake-off.

darius-lpv
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by darius-lpv »

Cheers Lindsay.. I did have in the past Electrocompaniet ECI 5 II, ATC SIA 2.. ATC SCM 11, 19 and 40 actives.. so any system please, cheap or mega expensive or anything in between

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

What I am offering is not a brought bake-off, it is nva loan scheme. We had it until it was scuppered by other forums, but this is such an interesting case I will activate it for you. View this http://hifisubjectivist.org/viewtopic.p ... 185#p82185 and decide which amp (Pre/Power or Integrated) which speaker and which cables (not Statement product). I will build and send and you have a week to bake it off against your system. Others obviously can come and listen if they and you wish it. The rules of the loan scheme are that you pay for transit (I will waive in this case), and that at the end you give this forum a full review of the results, no matter which way it goes.

Obviously this doesn't rule out anyone else coming round for a normal bake-off.

darius-lpv

Unread post by darius-lpv »

wow.. this is an absolutely great idea !

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

We couldn't get it going as we were the only forum willing to do it in the end. The problem was trade on the other forum, plus a few me haters made sure the forum owners scuppered it, or it wasn't allowed in the first place. TAS (the audio standard) ran it for a month or two and it worked really well until they realised no other trade was going to partake (scared shitless) and threatened to leave the forum if it carried on. AOS (Art of Sound) refused to do it unless we stopped taking the piss out of Marco, and we enjoy that too much, Wigwam just refused it from the off, and PFM (pink fish media) has any mention of nva banned.

This seems to be a perfect scenario for it, but I don't want to hi-jack it to just AVi v nva, all bake-offs are a good idea.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I have a dem pair of Cube 2 here (slightly damaged) it would help me to put a system around these.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Just checked I have an AP50 as well so those two come out about the same price as your set up. Give me an address and phone number by PM and I will get them off to you.

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

let battle commence. :lol:

:epop: