ATC v AVI v EV bake-off

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: ATC v AVI v EV bake-off

Unread post by Lindsayt »

diggerrum wrote::epop: My word ! :lol: Lindsayt and Doc, that took you five hours, working from midnight until now, 5am in the morning, to come up with that ! :lol:

I consider that taken in context, - you must read the original thread on the AVI forum, - they are entitled to their opinions, just as you are on here.

It doesn't make them liars, - that's a bit 'ad hominem', surely, and they didn't post anything here. Don't get so worked up about it :shock:

Neither should you assume or state that they are the same person. Clearly, they aren't.

My only point, when joining this thread, was to say that whilst the Doc stated quote : "My problem has only been with him and his sidekick Jesus Christ from Brum" unquote, I couldn't find anywhere anything that JC had said about the Doc.

Just seemed a bit of a situation where the Doc was blowing off steam about something that didn't actually occurr.

Perhaps I should not have joined, and just carried on lurking, or posted elsewhere.

No worries anyhow, I've made my point :guiness;

Cheers, - Digger.
diggebrum, your posts here are lacking in factual information as much as your posts and your pals posts on the avi forum.

In your opinion is midnight till 1.47 am five hours?

Do you really think that they're entitled to their opinions, just as much as I am when I think my EV speakers are called Sentry III's? I think they're 3 ways not 2 ways. Etc etc etc.

I was there at the bake off. They weren't. They have never heard my EV system. But you think they're entitled to their opinion of how each system sounded compared to each other just as much as I am? :roll:

diggerrum
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by diggerrum »

Basically I think the confusion between Sentry and Century stems from the use of computer spell checker auto corrections. Some of them work phonetically.

Both AJ and JC seem pretty experienced, particularly AJ, in view of his long professional career in HiFi and loudspeaker manufacturing . . .

Yeah, I reckon they are entitled to their opinion, particularly on their own forums.

I'll read all the threads again, when I have the time, and they have reached their conclusions.

D. :)

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I amused by your attempt to reduce all the points LT made vis-à-vis factual inaccuracies or disingenuous untruths [ depending on your perspective ] to spell checker :lol:
These users thanked the author Daniel Quinn for the post:
Lindsayt (Sat May 30, 2020 1:26 pm)

diggerrum

Lindsayt has obviously spent hours going through all the threads, carefully selecting small bits in isolation, out of context, and then altering some a bit, just to suit his own purposes and arguments.

Fair enough if he wants to waste his time like that, but I don't think anyone is taking much notice, or even cares very much.

If you're going to be pedantic about quotes, then this one from lpv seems to be relevant.

LPV is addressing LindsayT - quote : I was surprised when you started this thread ( as well as similar thread on hifi subjectivist forum) and you've announced winner and that this was our overall conclusion. Anything like that simply did not happen on the day.

It's a storm in a teacup about which almost no-one cares much.

Digger.

joe

Unread post by joe »

diggerrum wrote:Lindsayt has obviously spent hours going through all the threads, carefully selecting small bits in isolation, out of context, and then altering some a bit, just to suit his own purposes and arguments.

Fair enough if he wants to waste his time like that, but I don't think anyone is taking much notice, or even cares very much.
Apart from you, of course.

diggerrum

Well no, not really. The reason I joined this thread wasn't to do with the bake-off, it was a remark made by the Doc.

I have only addressed the issues raised by lindsayt because he asked me to.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

FFS that What Hi-Fi thread has just turned into interminable pointless repetitive dribble, for once I have absolutely no desire to post even though I can - completely pointless exercise. It seems to me the level of member they have there contributing in terms of knowledge, understanding and skill is very low - well a bit like the sponsoring magazine really :roll:
These users thanked the author Dr Bunsen Honeydew for the post:
Lindsayt (Sat May 30, 2020 1:27 pm)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

diggerrum wrote:Well no, not really. The reason I joined this thread wasn't to do with the bake-off, it was a remark made by the Doc.
Only JC would be interested in that. Sometimes dangling a bait outside a rat hole works :lol:

diggerrum

You didn't do it deliberately, Doc, it was just an off the cuff remark that wasn't true.

diggerrum

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:FFS that What Hi-Fi thread has just turned into interminable pointless repetitive dribble, for once I have absolutely no desire to post even though I can - completely pointless exercise. It seems to me the level of member they have there contributing in terms of knowledge, understanding and skill is very low - well a bit like the sponsoring magazine really :roll:
Absolutely agree with this.