ATC v AVI v EV bake-off

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
diggerrum
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ATC v AVI v EV bake-off

Unread post by diggerrum »

I'm afraid you're letting your imagination run away with you. Claiming I'm JC just because I've heard AVI active speakers, is silly. Thousands have done that. Is this supposed to be one of those "I'm Spartacus" games :lol:

I just thought you were being very unfair to poor old JC, Doc, he's never done you any harm as far as I know.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

You live in as close an area to him to be him, you post like him, your only subject is AVi. You can deny it until the cows come home but if you look like a dog, smell like a dog, and bark like a dog, you are a dog.

As I say we don't like being lied to JC.
These users thanked the author Dr Bunsen Honeydew for the post:
Lindsayt (Sat May 30, 2020 1:24 pm)

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

diggerrum wrote:
Lindsayt wrote:diggerrum, have you ever actually listened to any active AVI speakers? If you have, what did you think of their sound?
Yes, lots, I've heard most of their stuff over the years. I thought it was excellent. But I'm not unusual in that respect, it seems most people think so when they actually hear it. Why do you ask ?
Why haven't you bought a pair of active AVI speakers for yourself?

Lindsayt
Nauru

http://hddaudio.net/bb/viewtopic.php?id=10988&p=2

Hooray!!! Someone on the AVI thread has finally said something that is true!

Give Minty a pat on the back for saying "Who won the fugly vote? I think I know."

Yes the EV Sentries were the ugliest speakers at the bake-off.

Now, I wonder how long it will be before someone else over there says something that is actually true about the bake-off?

Why can't the AVI gang over there be gracious in defeat by saying "The EV Sentries are big and ugly (too big and ugly for the vast majority of people). But we will now concede that DM10's are not better sounding than EVERY passive speaker ever made."?

Lindsayt
Nauru

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:FFS that What Hi-Fi thread has just turned into interminable pointless repetitive dribble, for once I have absolutely no desire to post even though I can - completely pointless exercise. It seems to me the level of member they have there contributing in terms of knowledge, understanding and skill is very low - well a bit like the sponsoring magazine really :roll:
What do you mean? :) The What Hi-Fi forum has regular posters like davedotco, who has told us how he has worked in the music / audio equipment business for years. He's been telling us how he worked for JBL in the 70's, worked in hi-fi dealers for a while, has worked in recording studios, been a roadie, has had a super duper hi-fi system in storage for a few years in the south of Spain etc etc etc.

He didn't attend the bake-off and he's been giving his opinion on how the EV's must have sounded. He said that with them having compression driver midrange units they had higher transient distortion than the other 2 speakers. :ugeek:

When I first mentioned that I had EV Sentry speakers on the What Hi-fi forum a couple of years ago, davedotco told us how the EV's were only good for sound reinforcement applications in a professional environment and how they weren't good for hi-fi. :ugeek: Wish I could find the thread where he said that now. :epop:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

In other words a prime twonk.
These users thanked the author Dr Bunsen Honeydew for the post:
Lindsayt (Sat May 30, 2020 1:24 pm)

diggerrum
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by diggerrum »

Well, Doc, I’ve done my homework.

I checked out all the info on JC on the forums and it seems clear he lives in Edgbaston. There’s a lot of stuff on AoS about it.

I assure you I don’t live there.

In fact there are only four houses off my road, and I know all the owners. None are JC.

Your information is suspiciously incorrect. Perhaps you have been misled by wishful thinking.

Perhaps you don’t want me to contribute to your forum for some other reason. No worries, it’s not of any real importance. That’s all. Digger.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Bullshit, bullshit and even more bullshit. Bugger off if you want JC, or if in the very unlikely chance you are not JC you are obviously a planted shill from AVi, so the same thing applies.

Another proof. You cannot have come here without membership of other forums - AVi - What Hi-Fi - what ever. What are your user names there.

Also Lyndsay asked you a question "Why haven't you bought a pair of active AVI speakers for yourself?" I would add or were you given them.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Yep, come on diggebrum. You don't need to do any homework to tell us why you haven't bought any AVI actives.

Lindsayt
Nauru

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/can ... ega-elex-r

I don't get it. ATC 11's lost 2 What Hi-Fi Forum bake-offs in the last 5 months and yet two people are recommending them in this What Hi-fi Forum thread.