Macca's HiFi Show

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Daniel Quinn

Re: Macca's HiFi Show

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I do and your correct it aint Beverley hills , it is however englands newest city :lol:

my feeling towards stoke are coloured -

1] I used to live in Stafford and commute daily to Manchester , so I saw the train statin and city centre .
2] I am an Oldham athletic supporter

Macca
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Macca »

1) Stafford is quite posh compared to most of Stoke. But they have cleaned Stoke up massively in the twenty odd years I have lived here

As for 2) I don't know what to say. My condolences.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Macca wrote:We can get in from 0900. Maybe earlier than that it depends how it is going to work with collecting the keys. I am still waiting for them to finalise all these details with me. How long will it take to assemble the speakers? I can't imagine there being anyone arriving much before 1000, that would give you at least an hour to sort it out.
About double that for set up as long as I have help unloading.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Thanks to virgin who save for the ticket prices are an excellent train company it is less than an hour from Preston , I can arrive plenty early . :D

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Daniel Quinn wrote:I do and your correct it aint Beverley hills , it is however englands newest city :lol:

my feeling towards stoke are coloured -

1] I used to live in Stafford and commute daily to Manchester , so I saw the train statin and city centre .
2] I am an Oldham athletic supporter
Does Oldham exist as a place, I thought it was a car battery, I remember as a kid tittering at a silly ad on tele "I told 'em Oldham". Honestly the barbarian lands ooop norf are like a series of names with images like L S Lowry paintings for me.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

DQ wrote "1] I used to live in Stafford and commute daily to Manchester , so I saw the train statin and city centre."

I really must be getting old, I am sitting here reminiscing about a girl I met who lived in Stafford. Summer 1966 hitchhiked up to the Lake District to Yoof Hostel around the lakes with my best mate from college (Bernard Alexander Montgomery Grant - now deceased member of parliament). We met two girls from Stafford about 16 or 17 years old :mrgreen: Bernie was 23 me 19. Well we had good fun with them ;) A week or so later her parents went away on holiday so went up to stay with her by train (new electric trains and new station). Now plumbing my memory, Eccleshall Road nice detached house. Her name Vivian Rodgers (blimey I can't be getting senile I remember all this clearly and haven't thought about it for years). We used to go and meet up with others in the Boroughs Bar (I think William Boroughs) where they had a folk music club, in the Swan Hotel on the High St. We stayed in contact for about a year and met a couple of times after, but not possible to have long distance relationship - ah fond reminiscing :roll:

Snap out of it, back to work :(

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Macca wrote:Yes it is all go and the date is 28 June which is a Saturday.

I won't be happy if you don' t bring the Bozaks but I understand ;)
If England finish runners up in their group, which is not beyond the realms of possibility, they'll be playing the winners of Group C at 9 PM BST on 28th June. Should be a long but memorable day.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Football or Hi-Fi, :think: what a difficult decision, nah!!! Ferk the football, music is far more pleasurable. Anyway do you seriously think England will finish anything but last.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

I don't see why we can't have our cake and eat it, unless you happen to support the winners of Group A or the runners up of Group B who are playing at 5 pm BST on the 28th June. Macca's bake-off should finish in time for anyone to watch the possible England match at home, or in a pub on the way home, or in the bake-off hotel.

One of the great things about football is that it's less predictable than most other sports. England could finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th in their group.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Your obviously a fan, I find them a bunch of cheating prima donnas watched in the stadiums by mainly thick illiterate apologies for human beings. As you can probably tell I have very little interest in it. On the odd occasions I watch a televised match I have to stop or turn off the sound because of the stupid chanting noises of the crowds. I can't be bothered with club Rugby either but I enjoy the six nations, at least the singing is an attempt to be in tune, apart from the Welsh when it is truly a pleasure to hear 70 or 80k Welsh voices singing Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau, truly spectacular and beautiful.