Macca's HiFi Show

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Macca's HiFi Show

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well personally I would go for it. BUT take my advice, you obviously will have no problem with me, but get a waiver and disclaimer on line for participants to sign as you really do no want to take legal responsibility.

I am sure DQ will give you a draft.

Macca
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Macca »

I don't need any of that. This is an old school event. The sort of thing that might have taken place in, say, 1977, before all the bullshit began. When you could just rent a hall and hold a party without needing someone's written authorisation.

Everyone will have a good time and enjoy themselves.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Do you get much sound leakage through the room dividers?

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

Lindsayt wrote:Do you get much sound leakage through the room dividers?
They are designed to prevent it. But I deliberately requested two rooms on different floors to be sure. I don't think it would be ideal to have systems playing either side. As I have stated before the intention is to have the Cubix Pro demo in one room and the bakeoff room in the other. I think that is the best way to do things.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Can you check if I can get access for set up on Sat evening.

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Can you check if I can get access for set up on Sat evening.
The show is Saturday but we won't be able to set up Friday night. Not much I can do about that.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Doc , you can get a hotel and show nadia the sights of stoke , make sure you bring your riot gear . :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Macca wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Can you check if I can get access for set up on Sat evening.
The show is Saturday but we won't be able to set up Friday night. Not much I can do about that.
What is the earliest access time Sat morn. I have a big set up time for these things, it is not just plonk and play they have to be assembled.

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

We can get in from 0900. Maybe earlier than that it depends how it is going to work with collecting the keys. I am still waiting for them to finalise all these details with me. How long will it take to assemble the speakers? I can't imagine there being anyone arriving much before 1000, that would give you at least an hour to sort it out.

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

Daniel Quinn wrote:Doc , you can get a hotel and show nadia the sights of stoke , make sure you bring your riot gear . :lol:
Don't you live in Preston, DQ? Not been there for a while I'll grant you so they may have completely demolished it and rebuilt in the menatime but have to say I don't recall it exactly being Beverley Hills. :D