Movie/series wot Blind Chile just watched

Forum for all multichannel discussions (SACD, AV etc) and Movie discussions.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Movie/series wot Blind Chile just watched

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Cool it don't try and be another Missy, one is enough.

I know you are a refugee from snakeoil just watch your step.

Engypoos
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Engypoos »

:shock:
Snakeoil is dead.
T'is in the hands of the Harlequin who's turned it into a tribute forum to your good self.
She's obsessed with you so she is..
All she talks about..

I've just come to yap to the progmeister. 😀
Last edited by Engypoos on Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Engypoos

Anyway Mr Honeydew sir it be a pleasure to meet you.
I've heard so much about you. 😃

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well remember we are not snakeoil, we like missy because he has humour and intelligence but you need to remember the rules and try to abide by them. We let missy get away with murder 'cos we likes him, but no one else has the same freedom and his insults to us are always done with humour. Join in, egg him along but your leash will not be as long. Play the ball and not the man and we wont fall out. Tell Darkie I am not available and at my age I really can't be bothered.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47285

Engypoos

I think she sees you more as a desirable father figure anyway.
Her every post concerns you. Indeed the reason for my refugeeship is her turning snakeoil into the 'Church of The Sacred Honnydew' .
Nothing else matters to her, jammy and Rudi except their obsession with your good self.'
You should be honoured.
You've single handedly obliterated the spirit of Firkham Hall.....without lifting a finger !
Now...can we have a bit longer leash eh ?
It must be readilly apparent that I'm a man of honour ! :whistle:

Mississippi Blind Child Assburn
Canada

Unread post by Mississippi Blind Child Assburn »

O WHISTLE AND I'LL COME TO YOU UK 2010

HIS IS THE (jOHN hURT) REMAKE OF THE ORIGIONAL (mICHEAL hORDEN) WHICH (ALONG WITH "cASTING OF THE rUNES") INSPIRED THE ANNUAL bbc PRODUCTION OF "A GHOST STORY FOR CHRISTMAS" WHICH RAN FROM , i BELIEVE , '77 ON FOR A TOTAL OF 8 OR SO STORIES.

The origional programs are much recommended for fans of reality-horror : which is to say, no gore, not much at all by way of special effects, just slow-moving development of atmosphere.

Many of the series ,and indeed of the M.R.James short stories themselves, share the common theme of disruptal of the belongings of the dead triggering the supernatural.

In "The Treasure of Abbott Thomas" an alchemist-abbott's treasure trove of worthless brass,etc is disturbed. In "A Warning To The Curious" a greedy man is after the crowns of Anglia, in "Stigmata" (not a James story, but part of the series) a menhir is disturbed, in "The Ash Tree" a tree is taken down. In "Whistle" it is a human bone.
What is particularly unnerving in two or three of these stories is that the returning of the disrupted item does in no way deter the spirit from taking revenge. There is no way out for these men who greedily or for scholarly/historic reasons, have pilfered from the departed.

In "Whistle and I'll Come To You" there is an ancient graveyard curiously placed near the shore. The waves have exposed part of a sandy grave and here a solitary hiker finds a hollow human arm bone. The latin inscription on it reads something like, "Who is it that comes here?". The man irreverently blows into it.

The remake is a big disappointment. For some reason they have played with the very simple plot: the bone has here become a found ring, and the story adds to the plot that the man to-be-haunted has just come from putting his Alzheimer-wife into a home. The spook turns out to be that of the wife, not the disturbed seaside grave!
The Hurt role is no comparison to the brilliantly-acted origional (Horden) role of an eccentric professor-on-vacation-type who is so cock-sure of himself an his idea of Reality (portrayed in a wonderfully, hardly-ever done buffoonish way).

The only thing the two versions - some 40 years apart -have in common, is the recognition that to make some film truely scarry-realistic you require two things : gradual development and almost total denial of any soundtrack whatsoever. Emphasis being on sound effects only.

bLIND CHILE DO highly-recommend you watch the "A Ghost Story For Christmas" series. Pretty well all to be found on you tube.
My personal faves being, "A Warning To the Curious" (Peter Vaughn) and "The Stalls of Barchester" (Robert Hardy).

Engypoos

Watched episode 1 series 2 of TinStar.
Is shart....miserable thin lipped Catholic oirish mum and daughter carrying on from first series miserabl thin lipped oirish mum and daughter. New storyline was needed.
Abandoned it.
First series showed promise. Not fulfilled it's potential.
Shart.

joe

Unread post by joe »

Engypoos wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:33 pm :shock:
Snakeoil is dead.
T'is in the hands of the Harlequin who's turned it into a tribute forum to your good self.
She's obsessed with you so she is..
All she talks about..
Is she actually a woman, or just a bloke in a dress?

Engypoos

Claims she's an ex squaddie rugby playing girl of a somewhat manly stature.
Build your own conclusions.
No pics proffered though I asked her often enough.
Just one of a girl rugby team once without saying which was her so that was bollocks.
They were all ugly buggers though.
None of her girlfriend either. :lol:
Last edited by Engypoos on Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joe

Unread post by joe »

Ah right, bloke in dress it is, then.