Movie/series wot Blind Chile just watched

Forum for all multichannel discussions (SACD, AV etc) and Movie discussions.
Fretless
Netherlands

Re: Movie/series wot Blind Chile just watched

Unread post by Fretless »

Matroesjka's is a Belgian series.
Not Dutch.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Engypoos
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Engypoos »

:violin: Belgium ..dutch ....who fox ?

Mississippi Blind Child Assburn
Canada

Unread post by Mississippi Blind Child Assburn »

The Ikea monkey:

Engypoos

Unread post by Engypoos »

Canada

THE WASHINGTONIANS

Interesting idea but not realistically presented - almost so bad as the fiends here seem to be campy.

Cunt family moves into house of deceased relative and there is a portrait of George Washington in the basement. They find a note under the canvas and SOMEHOW know its Washington's own handwriting. Here Georgie admits he is a cannibal.

Well, turns out just about the entire town are cannibals and , again unexplained why, they go about in confederate dress wearing wooden teeth as in the days of George. I guess they bin eating so much human meat all these generations (with no one the least wizer) that its bin bad for the teeth. So why not just go to the dentist? Why wooden teeth, ffs.

Silly-ass movie.

Canada

THE LAKE BOAT

Jew teenager lands a summer job as a cook on a Great Lakes steel freighter.

So this morning I dreamt I was this Jew and I was in this university town on first day of studentdom, checking out the place.

Now, understand that bLIND cHILE's dreams are always very visual with areas of dense detail and busy-ness slapped up right against (unexplicably of course) with great wide cosmic vistas of SPACE. So this university dream main street was right on the edge of the world with madness-inducing nothingness as its neighbour.

The stores in the street were very Victorian-looking with ornate carving woodwork and signs - like a combination of Harry potter's Diagon Alley and Toronto's 70's York-wotsit Mews.

Indeed it was early 70's and hippie-marajana smoke everywhere. The men all wore clownlike platform shoes, bell-bottoms,waterfall moustaches, beards and - even though there wasnt a nignog to be seen - most boasted afros.

For some reason or another, all the hippy chicks looked like Linda McCartney (who never really gave Blind Child the knob-on.)

The stores all purported by their signs to be selling different stuff, but basically they all sold the poor university student's sole diet - bulk lentels and dried split yellow peas.

So I goes to this one emporium and its clear he has smidges of different wares up FOR DISPLAY ONLY cos he is dealing split peas, right?

The proprietor has this gigantic scoop which he (dreamlike) SL>>>OW>>LY is putting into this massive sack , pulling out the peas then weighing small portions on this ancient balance which looks like Aristophenes used.

He looks like the old Jew movies critic, Gene Shallot. No! he looks exactly like Phineas Freakears of Fuzzy Freak Brothers comics. Big bulbous nose like a large joint.

I immediately go to the lp "section". Really only 10 lps but two are Dave Greenslade's elaborately packaged & illustrated box set "The Pentateuch". (Again Jewish! Wtf?) an item quite cherished by prog collectors. But what really catchs my gaze is something I never knew existed: a Dean-coverart box set of INSTRUMENTAL music by Phil Collins! (As you all know, as solo lps Collins only put out terrible singsong rubbish lps.)

I look at the guest artist list and its incredible - Bruford,Fripp,Hammill, etc... This must be his very first solo which NEVER EXISTED in the real world! Terrible rare. I wans it.

So I ask Phineas how much, he says 7 buck.

I hand him the money immediately and, noticing the desire on my face, he is reluctant to take it. He actually pauses in his transferal of the eternal supply of split yellow peas, to check the box set to see if there is gold in there or something. (He be thinking, "why this schmeil wants this sharn so bad?").

My heart drops out of my chest in disappointment: the cover clearly states it is a 2 lp box set, but within are 4 lps and 2 78s! The lps say fucking Andy Williams!

Well then, my sons, in the every-changing manner of all dreams, the scene comepletely changes and I am on the edge of this football-field -big AND DEEP concrete pool. It is bone-dry and there are old cackling Jewish women in 1920's swimwear and screaming kids lining the pool for as far as you can see. It is HELL.

The woman next me says: "And to think we travelled so far and spent so many sheckles just to sit in the blistering heat next an EMPTY pool which clearly was never intended for children's use in the first place, but perhaps for the mating contortions of icytho-wotsit sea-dinasours."

And abruptly , like they all do, the dream ends.

What does all this have to do with a review of "Lake Boat", you ask?

Nothing, Jimmeh.

Go and fuck yourself.

Pianist~Envy
Great Britain

Unread post by Pianist~Envy »

I assume something will be/has been done about this racism? It is not okay, anywhere, ever.
"Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." ~ Frederic Chopin

Amps/cables: NVA P50sa (48 step), A40 mk3, LS6, SSP
Digi/source: ARCAM CDS50
PaS: Troels Gravesen Scanspeak Discovery 3-Way Classic (homemade)

Music lover and piano dork.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

What part of this do you define as racist and insulting to Jews. It looks like a synopsis of a film transferred into a dream, though it is hard sometimes to see what Missi is on about. It could have said protestant, just because it says Jew does not make it racist. I am a Jew according to them as my mother is Jewish, but I have no religion. I find none of this offensive. If you point me to specific words of sentence then I may understand.

We should able to talk about anyone or any religion without political correctness. If I saw real anti semitism I would remove it, but just because you may be Jewish or black or a woman or homosexual or disabled doesn't make you some sort or protected species, we should get over this nonsense. If you want to hear Jews taking the piss out of Jews you should go talk with some Jews, they are some of the most deprecating comedian in the world, especially about their mothers.

Pianist~Envy
Great Britain

Unread post by Pianist~Envy »

Certainly, there is anti-Jewish sentiment here.

But no. Paragraph 5 - I will not repeat the phrase. Unacceptable.

I'm surprised that you have closed the compliant I raised and have challenged me, on such a disgraceful post on your forum. Shame on you.
"Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." ~ Frederic Chopin

Amps/cables: NVA P50sa (48 step), A40 mk3, LS6, SSP
Digi/source: ARCAM CDS50
PaS: Troels Gravesen Scanspeak Discovery 3-Way Classic (homemade)

Music lover and piano dork.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Don't talk nonsense - you report it for me to view it from admin view point and give a judgement, once done as in this case the report is closed.