Olympic opening ceremony

Forum for all multichannel discussions (SACD, AV etc) and Movie discussions.
Daniel Quinn

Re: Olympic opening ceremony

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Its not even gold, boo hoo, though I am sure it means everything to the winners, but shit, I find myself agreeing with the doc :D

Bradley Wiggins alcoholic talented cyclist father, who was never home when he was growing up and when they reconciled he was a young man, shortly after died in a fight whilst drunk one night and the culprit has never been caught, played a prominant part in his success.

P.S. caught a documentary to today on the making of Victoria Pendleton's [who I lust after daily] helmet. It's made out off honeycomb aluminium, otherwise known as areolam :clap: :clap: . Now where have I seen that before. If its good enough for Vicky, it good enough for my TT's subchasis . :D :dance:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Daniel Quinn wrote:
P.S. caught a documentary to today on the making of Victoria Pendleton's [who I lust after daily] helmet. It's made out off honeycomb aluminium, otherwise known as areolam :clap: :clap: . Now where have I seen that before. If its good enough for Vicky, it good enough for my TT's subchasis . :D :dance:
Then ruined by having a belt :naughty: :whistle:

Daniel Quinn

:angry-tappingfoot: :text-lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Tae Kwon Do is a joke and totally artificial, it shouldn't be in the Olympics.

Daniel Quinn

I was going to say it can't be as bad as dressage, but two GG'S in the past hour have been dancing to Genesis, got to be worth a gold :D

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

TKD is just so artificial, no using of hands :? it is not a real martial art, it would be so easy to catch one of those legs on a kick, and then you have them, they are going nowhere but to pain :twisted: But they are not allowed to catch the leg - daft. :snooty:

My wife is a bit of a horse woman and she say dressage is the most skilled discipline.

Daniel Quinn

Its the olympian spirit doc , not down town shangai . :mrgreen:

your wife is probably right, I was listening to radio 5 the other day and an impassioned women was berarting critics who didnt understand the skill and the mechanics of the discipline .

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It calls itself a martial art - all the others are effective martial arts - boxing, wrestling, judo and karate but TKD is a joke it serves no purpose but to be impressive to those with no knowledge. The most all round effective art that could be included in the Olympics would be jujitsu or maybe wing chun as an effective shoalin variant, but they would have to be sanitised to prevent injury. The Chinese Government wanted to include tai-chi (taiji), but without the chuan (quan) it would be just pointless slow motion wobbling.

TKD came into the Olympics because of politics as it is a Korean art and the Japanese / Korean cultural conflict is still very pronounced.

Sovereign
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Sovereign »

You must understand the Taekwondo you see in the Olympics is not Taekwondo AT ALL!
What you are seeing is an completely stupid American version called WTF. The original and only real Taekwondo is ITF which is very much an effective martial art very similar to Shotokan Karate.
Richard is correct the only reason why WTF 'Taekwondo' is in the Olympics is the Americans money rolled it in, which is a great shame. :(

Daniel Quinn

looks like it is correctly named then .

What The F**k Taekwondo :D and i thought most yanks had no sense of humour . :lol: