from rubber band to direct drive

All general audio posts go here.
tomblackford
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: from rubber band to direct drive

Unread post by tomblackford »

Hmmm I'm not sure all this DSJR-bashing is cool. I've been tempted to comment on several previous occasions but stood back because I dont normally bother with forums, but literally every time I come back here it seems to be the same thing.

He has a right to an opinion and it's clearly backed by considerable experience, and I applaud him for saying what he actually believes despite presumably knowing it will induce a hostile response. He takes the time to write detailed and informational posts that pass on a lot more information than almost anybody else's on here.

Unlike most on here, im unashamed to admit that I'm a complete noob at this stuff, and I have very much appreciated much of DSJR's replies to my postings.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

OK as noob as you call it then understand this. WE *experienced* forum user who know the history of the last 30 years in this industry are sick and tired of this bullshit. Someone finds something better than a Linn, and immediately an *expert* will come along and trot out the same old :Bllocks: that it must need setting up, it has drifted, it needs an *expert* to look at it - it is complete :hbs: and this forum has grown out of it apart from Dave, and we need to cure him to, as he is obviously still stuck in the brainwash. There is no truth in it, it is part of Linn marketing invented by IvorT so that there is always an explanation for the faithful when someone finally sees the light. AND if there was truth in it then it just points to what a SHITE turntable it is in the first place.

tomblackford

Unread post by tomblackford »

Appreciated, Richard. I guess it's not the sentiment that I'm disagreeing with, it's the method and the vitriol. I think I can see why you, in particular, might have particularly heated feelings on this particular topic, but some of the other posts seem to me to be schoolyard bullying. I was honestly half expecting somebody to reply with a post like "woo, dave's got a boyfriend"...

Perhaps it's my inexperience but I'm not sure a lot of this is really the most effective method of education.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Education. There is only one education and that is your ears, not the bullshit. Dave has become a serial offender to the point that a lot of us have lost patience, it is not just me.

Jayman has used his ears and he has been replied to with Linn bullshit right out of the Flat Earth :Bllocks: we have all had to put up with for over 30 years. Every time Dave does it he will be pulled up on it and the piss taken out of him. It is not his expertise, it is him trying to tell us he is an expert because he knows how to set up a Linn, BUT without people like him and the fairy stories surrounding it we may have broken away from the brainwash a long long time ago, and I find it hilarious that there are still people involved in it and believe in it.

wiicrackpot

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

I am with Tom on this, Dave's vast knowledge is invaluable and a asset to any forum,
he gets the same treatment at the other forum i used to frequent, i for one will miss his input if he decides to walk away.
Frank...made me do it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

What vast knowledge when he can come out with a post like that, just look at Jayman's reply. It doesn't seem to matter what he hears lately the same old Linn, Rega, Harbeth, Spendor :Bllocks: just keeps coming out. Why do you think that is and apart from that what is this font of knowledge. I have been patient and thought he is bound to change, he is having his ears opened too much to deny it, but with these sort of posts deny it he does. I am afraid I am now with DQ on this.

If I was Jayman I would be really cross about Dave's posts.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Meanwhile, over on the sister thread on pfm: http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/show ... p?t=191196

There's James who says he vastly prefered his LP12 to his mint PL-71.

And there's Tim Jones who likes Rega P9's and describes SME TT's as "architectecural bliss". I'd describe the SME's I've heard as "detailed but undynamic".

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Pink Fish is full of shills and the sound of axes grinding.

Though I must admit my axe grinding is pretty loud.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Daves a good guy, its just that the "Flat Earthers" must have really done a job on him with their Hypnosis / Brainwash therapy.

He may even have had a double dose........ :o

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Now, say after me Dave - "Im no Fool, LP12's are Cool" 8-)
Ivor works on Dave.......
Ivor works on Dave.......
tumblr_mwmygnI6FO1s2wio8o1_500.gif (465.32 KiB) Viewed 2406 times
:mrgreen: :guiness;