Amazon

All things NVA
Fretless
Netherlands

Re: Amazon

Unread post by Fretless »

There is a Dutch equivalent to Ebay, called Marktplaats ('marketplace') for new and used articles.

However there is no English language version. The category 'Amplifers and Receivers' has at the moment about 6,700 articles ranging from €10,000+ Accuphase and Mark Levinson power amps to old receivers for €5 .

Can translate the terms and conditions if needed.

Edit: also a popular Webshop is Bol.com. the equivalent to Amazon. Does have English. Also operates in Belgium.
Bol is the reason why Amazon hasn't got a grip on the Dutch market (yet).

https://www.bol.com/nl/index.html?language=en
Last edited by Fretless on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

I think that is a pretty obvious move if you want to expand on-line business. In fact Amazon selling has been taking over from Ebay for some time in regards to small business retail.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

George Hincapie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by George Hincapie »

If you want an honest answer, then if you had someone else to deal with your communication and customer management and you were free to focus on builds, then yes. Otherwise, no.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

No go - wont work with Amazon, with Dave doing work for me I have some stock but most of that needs finishing checking soaking, and still a large amount is built to order including all the cables, speaker etc. This won't work with Amazon as they buy and hold stock in their warehouse so act like a proper retailer, and even at eBay it causes agg between us because of my delivery times.

The Permed One

Unread post by The Permed One »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Yes, do you want to give me one. Brexit has knocked my turnover back by about 50% both in build up to poll and after result. No UK orders of any consequence, not just me for others (like cars) it is far worse. You lot ain't buying anything - stunned into a state of shock. My current orders are from Europe and Far East taking advantage of the pound.

Anyway I am getting fed up with eBay they are messing me around with my listings.
I used to sell used Hi-Fi in there. Never again. Thats what happened with the last [So Called] recession. People sat on their money, The worse think that can happen but people cant help it.

The Permed One

I can imagine it's a bit tricky selling products without a dealership but if i were you i would not use one. Id never use a dealer again.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

You don't have to lodge stock with Amazon. Have bought lots of products that came straight from the advertiser. Just use it as you would Ebay. Have used it to sell records that way.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

The Permed One

I notice a lot of Private stuff fulfilled by Amazon

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

But I have to declare as a company and not as private, and they have paper after paper of terms that basically say, anything goes wrong no matter whose fault you pay for it, and they have to hold the stock. Anyway I have been warned off them so I will stick to the devil I know in eBay.

Anyway NVA only sells by word of mouth not from being in a shop either real or on-line, all I need someone like eBay or Amazon to do is organise me, and it is a lot cheaper then employing someone to do it. If orders come from outside ebay then it relies on me remembering, so it is always better for me or you to order there, apart from things not listed there like the Statement Products (very unlikely to forget orders for those) :roll: and at ATM Cubettes, Cubix and Cube2 which will eventually be up at eBay.

The Permed One

Can you not sell the Part X items you have on Amazon as a private seller?